- BioPhorum Operations Group (“BPOG”) is a cross industry collaboration group connecting some of the world's largest biopharmaceutical manufacturers to solve pertinent pre-competitive industry challenges, improve operational best practices and engage with key industry stakeholders.
- BPOG is based in the UK, with a workforce of pharmaceutical professionals providing services to biopharmaceutical firms and suppliers globally.
- BPOG has over 70 member organisations and 2000 active participants globally collaborating across the biopharmaceutical value chain driving innovation and progress.
- Highly experienced management team, with specialist knowledge and deep relationships in their various fields.
- Unique collaboration model, utilising technology to engage with members globally, facilitated by experienced pharmaceutical professionals and industry subject matter experts.
- Market leading niche business in the high growth biopharmaceutical sector with an international blue chip client base.
- High levels of engagement with a range of companies operating across the biopharmaceutical value chain, including 23 of the 25 largest biopharmaceutical firms.
- BPOG collaborates with Members to drive development at the cutting edge of biopharmaceutical manufacturing. In 2017 BPOG led the production of the global Technology Roadmap for the industry and in 2018 incubated a Phorum to focus on Cell and Gene Therapy drug manufacturing.
When we were looking for an investment partner to help us go to the next stage of our development we wanted constructive engagement not interference, experience in areas that were new to us and a passion for the life sciences industry that matched our own. In Vespa Capital we found all these things. They took the time to understand our business, which is somewhat different from many, and have shown a pragmatic attitude to meeting the challenges and opportunities we face. Their involvement in BioPhorum will ensure we continue to delight our membership with our collaboration services and further add value to the biopharmaceutical industry.
Simon Chalk, Director, BPOG.